If you enjoy contact with nature this house is the ideal place. Recently rebuilt maintaining the original architecture and fully equipped, it´s located in Sistelo, on one of the sides of the Peneda Gerês National Park. It is located at 100 meters of pedestrian routes (Brandas de Sistelo) and the hiking walking Vez River Ecotrail; 15-minute drive from a nature pool with crystal-clear water and with depth to take bath - Poço das Caldeiras (Caldeiras Well).
The house is located 100 meters far from the vez river ecotrail, very beautiful alongside the river path, recommended for hiking.
GRANDMA´S HOUSE has:
- 1 large bedroom with 1 double bed, 1 sofa with two single beds and one private bathroom.
- On the same floor has 1 more bathroom. Large dining/sitting room with 1 double sofa bed;
- The KITCHEN is fully equipped with stove, toaster, coffee machine, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge / freezer.
- This house has CABLE TV, hi-fi system, DVD player, home cinema system with full surround sound, internet, air conditioning.
- David (5 out of 5 stars): "Very nice villa, well renovated to a high standard"
The villa is very big for 2 people with large bedroom (with ensuite) and a separate bathroom. Lovely large walk in shower with hot powerful shower water. The ensuite has bath with shower overhead.
Lounge is also very nice and large. The villa is full of character with 1m thick walls etc. The veranda was very nice to sit on in the evening with good views.
We had a lovely, albeit short, stay here. My thanks to the owner"
- Marie : "Superbe séjour dans une maison très agréable
Maison agréable, confortable et bien équipée dans un village calme, typique du Portugal. Propriétaires accueillants et prévenants, très gentils. Voisins très agréables et forts sympathiques. Nous avons passé d'excellentes vacances. A recommander. Marie et Alain"
Bruno - "Em comunhão com a natureza. Depois de alguns dias na casa da avó é evidente a qualidade do serviço aqui prestado. Trata-se de uma pequena casa muito acolhedora e pensada ao pormenor. A cozinha está fortemente equipada com eletrodomésticos da marca Bosch bem com todos os utensílios necessários para cozinhar confortavelmente, a sala de estar é ampla e um local agradável para se estar, com uma pequena janela que dá acesso a uma vista esplêndida sobre o vale e as montanhas, o quarto tem uma cama de casal cujo colchão faz qualquer um adormecer instantaneamente (bem como outra cama de solteiro) e as duas casas de banho são grandes e estavam bastante limpas. Aconselhamos a que vão com transporte próprio caso queiram explorar mais detalhadamente a zona, pois nós fomos de transportes públicos e mais tarde revelou-se impeditivo explorar espaços localizados além do que as nossas pernas conseguiam alcançar. Ainda assim, existem imensos trilhos, uma ecovia e bastantes zonas no meio das aldeias por onde andar, sempre rodeado de uma paisagem maravilhosa. De uma forma geral, aconselhamos vivamente a passar uns dias na casa quer para relaxar, quer para descobrir sítios bonitos construídos pela natureza. Fomos extremamente bem recebidos pelo Sr. Miguel e novamente, obrigado a ele"
These comfortable house recently rebuilt maintaining the original architecture, is located in the North of Portugal (Minho), on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park.
Sistelo is a village located in northern Portugal, on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park, inviting us to climb through the mountains of walking in the footsteps of shepherds and their animals, we lead to secular Brandas of Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain.
Travel: A 90 minutes from the airport of Porto (Portugal) and Santiago de Compostela (Spain). The journey from Porto airport is via the A3 motorway. Flights are available from Stansted, Heathrow, Gatwick to Porto (Portugal) and Stansted, Heathrow to Santiago de Compostela. Also from Liverpool to Porto and Santiago de Compostela, and Dublin to Porto.
The village of Sistelo has several historical attractions to visit, of which we highlight:
- Footpaths that lead to secular Brandas of Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain;
- Castle Sistelo (civil architecture residential, eclectic), Fountain (infrastructural architecture, nineteenth century); Parish Church (religious architecture, and nineteenth-century vernacular), bridges (transport and communications architecture, eighteenth century).
- Sistelo is also famous for its 'Socalcos', which arose from the need to increase the agricultural area and counteract the slopes. These structures allowed the development of subsistence agriculture is extremely important for the survival of rural communities. You can see the 'Granaries', built in the seventeenth century, in order to dry the corn.
The Peneda Geres National Park is one of the greatest natural attractions in Portugal, due to its impressive scenic beauty, ecological value, ethnographic and variety of fauna (ponies, wolves, birds of prey) and flora (pine, chestnut, oak and various medicinal plants .) It extends from the mountains of Geres, in the south, through the mountains of Peneda to the Spanish border.
Located in the park are important centers of pilgrimage, the Shrine of Our Lady of Peneda, replica of the sanctuary of Bom Jesus de Braga, and St. Benedict's Open Door, a place of great popular devotion.
This area is characterized by its parties (traditional music, costumes, songs and dances).
There are markets in exceptional Cerveira (Saturday), Viana Do Castelo (Friday), walks (Wednesday) and many others.
Follow the wine route green along the Minho Valley, passing between rolling hills covered with vineyards that produce wine of the region.
A very interesting and very beautiful place, you can visit, is Poço das Caldeiras –a nature pool, which is 8 km away from Sistelo.
activities companies contacts (walking, hiking trails, jeep tours, 4x4, cycling, biking, paintball, cultural tours, canoeing, among others)
Other places to visit:
- Arcos de Valdevez is located approximately 20 km and is characterized by restaurants, bars, supermarkets and a river beach.
- Ponte de Lima is an ancient city about 30 km and is characterized by its medieval architecture. It is surrounded by the river Lima. There is also the Golf Course Ponte de Lima (18 holes) at 25 minutes.
- Melgaco, a beautiful town located about 30 km, the river Minho
- Monção (Region Albariño wine), with three modern supermarkets located 22 km away, has a wonderful outdoor public pool.
- Valencia (35 km), the old city, to visit mandatory.
- Vigo (60 km) and Santiago de Compostela (150 km) are other places to visit.
Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo, Portugália