Serenity is the ticket at the Glens of Antrim mountain log cabin. 2 bedroom-1 full bath. 870 sq.ft. 1st floor only private suite with den & kitchenette. 300 sq.ft. covered porch. Bold creek with waterfalls runs 430’ along the property boundary. Rustic den is an Irish pub. 9½’ ceilings. Private entrance. Gorgeous 1.6 acre property in a cove of mountains at 3800’ elevation with large hardwoods & apple trees. 1.5 miles to Cataloochee Ski Area. *Reservation Implies Rental Agreement Acceptance-below*
*Modern log cabin – private suite with no shared spaces includes entire ground level of a 3-story cabin.
*Private entrance with keypad lock is off a covered porch. Access to the unit level is up only 3 stair steps off driveway.
*Paved roads all the way to the property entrance. Gravel driveway is level although a short portion of the driveway is slightly steep at the roadway.
*870 square feet heated and cooled, 9 ½ foot ceilings; gas BBQ grille
*300 square feet covered porch with gas grille, rocking bench, rocking chair, and bench seating and table overlooking a bold creek
*Bear’s Creek with waterfalls, creekside deck, chairs, and bench provides an around-the-clock soothing outdoor sound.
*Secluded, serene, and quiet mountain cove at 3800 feet elevation with 360 degree view of the Smoky Mountains (mountain views from cabin are limited in warm weather months). Ridgeline across cove is national park boundary.
*Gorgeous natural beauty with access to 1.7 acre property with two creeks, tall hardwoods, and an apple orchard
*Den is The Beyond the Pale Irish Pub with rustic cypress walls and ceiling; Seats 7; Queen sleeper sofa; French doors open to covered porch; Pub table, Ceiling fan, 50” Plasma TV, DISH Network with 230+ TV channels including 9 HBO channels and 120+ music channels including Sirius XM, Surround sound home theater, DVD movies, Board games: Great for family gatherings, games, movies.
*Bedroom 1: King bed, single bed sleeper love seat, ceiling fan, nightstands, chest of drawers, large closet, French doors open to covered deck, alarm clock
*Bedroom 2: Two single beds in a bunk bed set, ceiling fan, chest of drawers, chair, small closet
*Kitchenette and Wet Bar: Microwave, Toaster / convection oven, Hot plate, Small refrigerator, sink, coffee pot, toaster, dishes, silverware, glassware, mugs, cookware, bar glasses, ice bucket, bar tools, crock pot
*1 full bathroom with two sinks, towels, hair dryer, soap & shampoo furnished
*Small fenced area for pets
*Medium size pet crate available
*Washing machine and Clothes dryer
*Telephone with free long distance
*Lots of nearby activities & locations: Smoky Mountains National Park, Asheville, Cherokee Indian Reservation, beautiful and historic downtown Waynesville, quaint mountain village of Maggie Valley, Cataloochee Ski Area, Blue Ridge Parkway, Biltmore House, Harrah’s Casino, elk viewing in Cataloochee Valley.
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Robert G. Patrick and Suzanne S. Patrick (“Homeowner”) and the above named Guest (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1) Property. The property is located at: Ground Floor Suite only at 6 Plum Tree Lane, Waynesville, North Carolina 28785.
The property is furnished and includes: Clothes Washer, Clothes Dryer, Mini-refrigerator, Microwave oven, Toaster / Convection oven, Hot plate, Coffee maker, Toaster, Television with Roku device, Hair dryer, Space heaters, Linens, Towels, Dishes, Glassware, Flatware, Cookware & cooking utensils, Gas BBQ Grille, Gas Patio Heater.
2) Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following persons:
Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
3) Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 7 persons.
4) Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Guest Policies attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by said policies at all times while at the property.
5) Pet Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Pet Rules attached as Exhibit B.
6) Term of the Lease:
The lease begins at 3:00 P.M. Eastern time on ______ ___, _2020 (the “Check-in Date”), and
Ends at 10:00 A.M. Eastern time on ________________, _2020 (the “Checkout Date”).
7) Minimum Stay: This property requires a 2 night minimum stay on all reservations. Reservations will require longer minimum stays during holiday or special event periods, including the entire duration of the holiday period or special event. If a reservation is taken for less than the entire duration of the holiday period or special event, the guest will be charged for the entire duration of the holiday or special event.
8) Rental Rate, Fees, Taxes, Security Deposit, and Payments:
Rent, Fees, Taxes, and Security Deposit:
Rental Rate: $ per night for nights = $
Cleaning Fee $
Pet Fee $
Sales Tax (a) $
Total Rent, Fees, and Taxes (a) $ *
Security Deposit (a) $ 200.00
Total Payments Due (a) $ **
(a) Additional fees and sales tax may be assessed by the booking agency and be charged directly to the guest. The Security Deposit will be charged and held by the booking agency, subject to its refund policy which may vary from the Homeowner’s refund policy detailed below.
The Security Deposit is for damage and security, and shall be refunded in accordance with the Booking Agent’s procedures provided no deductions are made due to:
a) damage to the property or furnishings;
b) dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning;
c) any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay; or
d) damages resulting from any other violation of this agreement.
Payments: #1- Due at the time of agreement execution= $
#2- Due prior to Check-in Date based on Booking Agent procedures=$
Payment(s) listed may not include other charges to the Guest made directly by the booking agency, and therefore may vary to that extent.
9) Cancellation Policy: If the Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, Cleaning and Pet Fees are fully refundable, and the Rent and Taxes amount will be refunded as follows:
a) % if cancelled by 3:00 P.M. Eastern, 14 days before the Check-in Date (N/A if blank).
b) 50 % if cancelled by 3:00 P.M. Eastern, 7 days before the Check-in Date.
10) Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate or cleaning fee. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the unit.
11) Supplies: The Homeowner provides a limited initial supply of the following items: Toilet paper, Bath and lavatory soap, Dishwashing detergent, Laundry detergent, Paper towels, Garbage bags, Coffee filters, and Bottled propane gas for grilles and patio heater. Guests will need to replenish these items at their own expense for their own use as needed during the occupancy period.
12) Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the unit for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner pledges to exercise this right of access in a reasonable and courteous manner.
13) Storms: Except in the case of a government ordered mandatory evacuation, no refunds will be given for weather or road conditions. Although asphalt paving provides access to the property, mountain roads can be curvy and steep. The gravel driveway to the house is fairly level. However, ingress to & egress from the property may require a four-wheel drive vehicle and/or tire chains during the snow months.
14) Inconveniences: This property is owner managed and it is intended for extended stays. Other areas of the residence may be occupied by the Homeowner or their nonpaying guests during the rental period. Although every effort will be made to make guest stays comfortable, minor inconveniences or disturbances may occur which cannot be promptly cured. Such minor inconveniences will not result in refund of rent, fees, or cleaning charges.
15) Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
By my signature below, I hereby give permission to charge my credit card for the amounts above. I agree that rental monies may be forfeited per the cancellation policy above. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance. This agreement shall be enforced under the laws of the State of North Carolina.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
Suzanne S. Patrick
Name: Suzanne S. Patrick Name:
Phone # (during stay): Phone # (during stay):
--- EXHIBIT A - GUEST POLICIES ---
Check Out Time: 10:00 AM* Check In Time: 3:00 PM* *Consult with owner for any exceptions.
Late checkout may result in additional charges of $25 per hour or part thereof for 1st Floor Suite rentals, or $40 per hour or part thereof for Whole House rentals.
Quiet Hours: 9:00 PM to 8:00 AM. Please be courteous of upstairs occupants and neighbors by using moderate voice levels, and low television and music volumes during these hours.
No Smoking Allowed indoors. Use ashtrays or receptacles on the porch.
Garbage: Place all garbage in plastic bags. Remove full bags to the large outside garbage container. No loose garbage in the large outside garbage container. Take all garbage in excess of 4 bags (tall kitchen size) with you upon departure, or to the county’s waste disposal sites (See Guest Tips Sheet for locations – Closed Sundays). Excessive garbage clean up or removal can result in additional guest cleaning fees.
Security & Electronic Surveillance: When away from the property, all outside doors should be locked and windows latched securely. Security cameras with active recording are installed in the following non-private locations: (1) lower covered porch, (2) driveway & outside stairway, (3) upper covered porch, (4) upper deck.
Telephone: Use of the landline telephone is permitted when not in use by upstairs occupants. Domestic long distance calls are free. Phone Number: (828)531-9831
Parties and Events: Paying tenants may invite a limited number of unregistered friends and relatives for non-sleepover visits. Large parties and events are not allowed.
Prohibited and Illegal Activities & Substances: Use of facilities for commercial & profit making activities are prohibited, with normal home office type administrative activities excepted. Illegal conduct or substance possession may result in immediate eviction.
Parking: Parking is allowed in the driveway, on Plum Tree Lane or grassy area amongst the apple trees. Only 2 vehicles can be park in the driveway without blocking egress. 2-wheel drive vehicle parking on Plum Tree Lane or grass areas is discouraged in wet conditions. No paved on-street parking allowed.
Pets: Pet fee applies. Guests are fully responsible for the conduct of their pets in accordance with the Pet Rules.
Occupants and Children: The individual making the reservation must be 25 years of age or older, and must occupy the property for the entire term of the reservation. Overnight occupancy is limited to seven persons unless otherwise authorized. Children under age 12 may not be left unattended on the property.
Upstairs Porch: Use of upstairs porch & equipment is reserved for owners and whole house guests only.
Fires: Other than the wood-burning fire pit at the creek side deck, no fires or bonfires of any kind are allowed. Use of the gas grilles and the patio gas heater is allowed. Turn off all bottle gas valves before departure.
Creeks: Do not put any foreign objects or substances in the creeks.
Departure Procedures: Guests must follow these departure procedures (Guest Departure Checklist posted on premises):
• Place all dirty towels and washcloths on the bathroom floors.
• Place all dirty dishes, glassware, flatware, and cooking utensils in the sink areas (or dishwasher for whole cabin guests).
• Replace all furniture and kitchen items in their original locations.
• Remove all food from the refrigerators and place in garbage bags.
• Unplug all coffee pots, space heaters, hair dryers, the electric hot plate, toasters, & the toaster oven.
• Turn off all televisions and electronic equipment.
• Turn the LP gas fireplace Function valve knob to the OFF position (whole house guests)
• If the ground level thermostat was used, make sure the toggle switch in the mechanical closet is returned to the UP position (for upstairs thermostat control).
• Turn off the propane gas bottle valves to all gas grilles and the patio gas heater.
• Check the entire unit for all personal belongings (porchs, under beds, tables, sofas).
• Place all garbage in plastic bags in the large outside garbage can; limited to 4 bags (tall kitchen size).
• Take all garbage in excess of 4 bags (tall kitchen size) with you, or to one of the Haywood County central waste disposal facilities. Facilities are open from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Nearest locations are:
o On Mauney Cove Road just off of Highway 276 at the first traffic light south of Highway 19 going towards Waynesville (closed on Sundays),
o On the east side of Highway 276 North, just south of I-40, and just north of Carolina Mountain Cable (closed on Thursdays and Sundays). This facility is small and not well marked.
• Please report any damage or other issues to the owners, so that the next guests can fully enjoy their stay.
• Latch all windows securely.
• Turn out all lights.
• Lock all outside doors.
--- EXHIBIT B - PET RULES ---
If checked this addendum is “Not Applicable”, and no pets are permitted.
It is hereby agreed by and between the Homeowner and the Guest that homeowner will allow guest to have up to two total domestic dogs or cats, as identified below, on the premises upon and subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement and this addendum.
Guest represents that the pet is gentle, well domesticated, and has no vicious propensities. Biting, extended barking, and other harmful behaviors will not be tolerated.
Homeowner may at its sole discretion deny or terminate this privilege for any animal it deems, potentially or in fact, to be destructive, vicious, or a nuisance to others. The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property. The Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
PET #1 PET #2
Type of Pet: Dog; Cat Type of Pet: Dog; Cat
Sex: Male; Female Sex: Male; Female
Weight (pounds): Weight (pounds):
Age (years): Age (years):
Guest hereby agrees to comply with the following:
1. Guest will pay an additional nonrefundable pet fee in the amount of $30.00 per visit.
2. All pets must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other required vaccinations.
3. All pets must be leashed when off property, or as needed for the comfort of other occupants.
4. Guests will walk their pet to relieve it of bodily functions on the property at least 40 feet from the house, or in the fenced pet area. Guest is responsible for cleaning up and disposing of any refuse on the driveway, road, fenced area, or within 40 feet of the house.
5. Pets are not allowed on beds or furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
6. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, including relief of bodily functions inside, the cost of the damage may result in additional charges which can be deducted from the security deposit.
7. Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise that disturbs other occupants or neighbors.
8. Pet may not be left outside or on the porches while away from the property.
9. Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out.
10. Pet breeding and whelping activities are prohibited.
The Glens of Antrim is in a secluded mountain cove off the beaten track. Traffic is virtually non-existent and the area is crime free. Neighbors are friendly and helpful. Homes are on large lots and somewhat scattered across two subdivisions. It’s a short drive to a walking entrance to the Smoky Mountains National Park on the other side of the cove - perfect for hiking. The mountain cove area is often rocky and mostly wooded with lots of tall hardwoods, evergreens, and other foliage. Occasional wildlife: rabbits, turkey, deer, and on very rare occasions black bears.
Waynesville, Észak-Karolina, Egyesült Államok